The name you choose for any product or company is the most important branding decision you’ll make. In this podcast episode, we look at a number of critical considerations, including legal, platform and branding issues.
Research and Articles
- Don’t infringe on intellectual property rights
- One word names are not allowed
- Can’t use names of people or places, solely.
- Two word names aren’t allowed if one word is a definite article, an indefinite article, or a preposition.
- Can’t contain any of the launch phrases.
- DO want to make sure is that your name works well with at least one of those different launch phrases.
- No wake words used in the invocation.
- Don’t create confusion with existing voicebot features.
- Take every language you plan to publish in, into consideration.
- Avoid words with multiple pronunciations.
- Test any name out to make sure it’s easily recognized by the platform.
- The name is the most important branding decision you will ever make about your product or service.
- The name should be short
- The name should be simple
- The name should be speakable
- The name should suggest the category
- The name should be unique
- The name should be alliterative
- The name should be shocking.
- The name should be personalized.